The Man Shake
Man Shake Now Available
at TerryWhite Chemmart
Book Your Health Check
Support your weight loss journey
with a health check
Take control of your health – book a consultation with a TerryWhite Chemmart Pharmacist today!
How can TerryWhite Chemmart help me achieve my weight loss goals?
At TerryWhite Chemmart, we believe in being your partners in weight management, supporting you to manage your weight effectively so you can enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle. We offer a range of nutritious weight loss products and scientifically formulated meal replacement programs packed with professional advice, healthy meal plans and more to help kick start your weight loss journey.
We understand that every person has unique weight challenges and goals, which is why we our pharmacist’s will take into account your lifestyle, daily routine and the end results you would like to achieve before recommending a weight loss plan that is tailored to you.
Weight Loss Programs
Tony Ferguson is a leading weight loss brand with great tasting shakes and snack options. Try the 12-week program if you want ongoing support.
The Man Shake is a healthy meal in a shake specifically designed for men wanting to lose the beer gut without losing all the beers. The Man Shake is high in protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and low in sugar. The ingredients work together to keep men fuller for longer.
OPTIFAST is a flexible weight loss program with the freedom to choose between replacing three, two or just a single meal with an OPTIFAST Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) shake, soup, dessert or bar.
Impromy is the new program offering from CSIRO and has been conceptualised by weight loss guru Prof. Manny Noakes. This unique health and weight loss program offers professional consultation every step of the way to help clients achieve desired results.
The Importance of Managing Your Weight
Understand your Body Mass Index for effective weight management
Body mass index (BMI) is one method used to estimate your total amount of body fat. This metric considers an individual’s weight and height, which when coupled with the waist circumference assists health professionals in assessing risk of medical conditions and diseases. Speak to one of our friendly staff instore and they can help you identify your BMI score as well as plan your weight management and weight loss journey with a suitable program. Achieving a healthy BMI helps focus on achieving your weight loss goals and continue to stay in shape.
|Underweight||18.4 or less|
|Healthy weight range||18.5 – 24.9|
|Overweight||25.0 – 29.9|
|Obese||30 or more|
How can losing weight improve your health?
If you have been advised by a health professional to undertake a weight loss and weight management program, undeniably it is to steer you towards a healthy, balanced lifestyle free from health complications associated with weight. Poor eating habits and inactive lifestyle choices over years, are large contributors towards unhealthy weight gain. A planned approach in consultation with a qualified health professional is essential to reverse the damaging effects for a more energetic body and mind.
- Losing unhealthy weight can reduce the potential risk of ailments and diseases: Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Heart Attacks and Stroke, Cancer, etc.
- Fewer body aches and pains
- Improved concentration and work performance
- Feeling energised after sleep and short naps
At TerryWhite Chemmart we’ve developed a simple way for you to get a snapshot of your health. Your TerryWhite Chemmart pharmacist will help you make sense of your results and recommend lifestyle changes you can make to improve your health.
Weight Loss Advice
Long-term weight management requires a number of healthy habits to be maintained. A healthier way of managing weight is to make healthy habit changes during the weight loss process and aim to maintain these long-term. This will start you on a healthy routine that you can continue. You will also be eating more nutritiously and therefore will be getting the nutrients your body needs to work properly, which in turn helps you feel better and feel more satisfied. Some healthy eating habits include:
- Reduce portion sizes
- Eat at regular times
- Don’t skip meals
- Drink water
- Limit foods high in saturated fats
- Be aware of ‘non-hungry’ eating
These are just a few healthy habits that are important to adapt during your weight loss journey. These will not only help you when losing weight but also help to maintain it long-term. When choosing a weight loss plan, look for one which helps you move towards choosing healthy eating habits.
As unique as we all are, so are our lifestyles and weight loss objectives. It is extremely important to consult a healthcare professional before embarking on a weight management and weight loss program; to identify one that provides a balanced approach with appropriate exercise and meal replacement.
Regular exercise is vital for weight management and mental well-being. The Australian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults suggest the following:
- Doing any physical activity is better than doing none. If you currently do no physical activity, start by doing some, and gradually build up to the recommended amount.
- Be active on most, preferably all, days every week.
- Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes (2 ½ to 5 hours) of moderate intensity physical activity or 75 to 150 minutes (1 ¼ to 2 ½ hours) of vigorous intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities, each week.
- Do muscle strengthening activities on at least 2 days each week.
We understand you may feel a bit overwhelmed with all the information out there. Please feel free to connect with us if you have more questions. We’re here to assist you on your weight loss and weight management journey.
1. What is the best weight loss diet?
Look for a weight loss plan that comprises of healthy habit changes that will not only help you lose weight but can be continued long-term when trying to maintain weight.
2. Do you need to diet to lose weight?
Weight loss can be achieved through simple healthy habit changes such as reducing food portion sizes, increasing salad and non-starchy vegetable intake, including more exercise, reducing take away foods, drinking water rather than sugary beverages, eliminating alcohol etc.
3. How many calories per day should I eat to lose weight?
Recommended daily kilojoules/calories is dependent on many things such as your starting weight, gender age, activity levels etc. Rather than focusing too much on calories, focus on making healthier habit changes and maintaining these long-term.
4. What are the best healthy foods to lose weight?
Losing weight doesn’t mean you need to go on a restrictive diet with very limited food options. Rather it’s about adapting several healthy habits that will enable you to lose weight but still get good nutrition, not feel deprived or go too hungry. Some of these are eating smaller portions but more regularly, filling up on salads and vegetables with and in between meals, making healthier snack choices e.g. fruit, vegetable sticks, yoghurt, drinking water and eliminating sugary drinks.
5. What exactly is 'healthy weight loss'?
A healthier way of managing weight is to make healthy habit changes during the weight loss process and aim to maintain these long-term. This will start you on a healthy routine that you can continue. You will also be eating more nutritiously and therefore getting the nutrients your body needs to work properly which in turn helps you feel better and feel more satisfied.
6. What are your tips for maintaining your current weight?
- Avoid skipping meals, eat small and regular during the day.
- Continue the healthy habits you adapted when trying to lose weight e.g. increasing salad and vegetable intake, drinking water instead of sugary beverages, cooking more meals at home rather than getting takeaways etc.
- Keep active, move more and include regular exercise.
- Monitor your weight weekly or fortnightly. Don’t allow your weight to creep up too much before doing something about it.
7. What is better, a strict diet plan or regular exercise?
A healthy balanced weight loss plan incorporating the healthy habits already discussed is better than one that is too strict. Regular exercise should be also included as this is important for health in general and can help burn additional calories.
8. Can I lose weight during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to lose weight during pregnancy. If your doctor or specialist has suggested you do this, speak to them about referral to a qualified dietitian.
9. How can I track my weight loss?
Tony Ferguson On the Go weight loss app is a great way to keep track of your progress.
10. How to lose weight quickly for surgery?
11. What are some basic tips for reducing weight?
- Eating the correct food portion sizes
- Eat small regular meals rather than larger meals
- Choosing more nutritious food options e.g. lean meat verses fatty meat or grain bread verses white bread
- Making healthier snack choices e.g. fruit, nuts, low fat yoghurt
- Increasing salads and non-starchy vegetable intake and snacking on these when hungry
- Cooking more healthy meals from scratch rather than buying take away or pre-prepared meals
- Drinking more water each day and reducing or eliminating sugary beverages
- Including regular exercise in your week and getting more active during the day