At TerryWhite Chemmart we are committed to ensuring every Australian has access to our pharmacists and their teams to help provide continuity of care and support with their medicines.
Your health and safety and that of our pharmacy teams is our number one priority. Please find below information to help you through this period.
Last updated on 30th April 2020
In Australia, the people most at risk of getting the virus are those who have:
- returned from overseas
- been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19
Based on what we know about coronaviruses, those most at risk of serious infection are:
- people with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- elderly people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (as they have higher rates of chronic illness)
- people with chronic medical conditions
- people in group residential settings
- people in detention facilities
To help protect people most at risk, the Australian Government has recommended limits on public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- Shortness of breath
How can I help protect myself and others?
Adherence to strict hygiene practices as presented below will reduce likelihood of transfer of COVID-19.
Listen to pharmacist Chris Campbell
Follow these tips to help prevent the spread
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or if soap and water isn’t an option us an alcohol-based hand sanitiser;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the bin immediately and wash your hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough;
- Avoid travel if you have a fever or cough;
- Avoid the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products.
Face mask etiquette
To help avoid the spread of COVID-19, it’s important we all practice safe hygiene and social distancing, which includes wearing a face mask or face covering correctly. Find out if you’re up to speed with correct mask etiquette with our 8 simple steps.
The COVIDSafe App.
The government has introduced an app to speed up contacting people exposed to COVID-19. This app is free to download from the Apple and Android stores and is completely voluntary.
The COVIDSafe app is the only contact trace app approved by the Australian Government.
To learn more about the app, visit the Australian Government Website here.
What should I do if I think I have COVID-19?
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, seek medical attention from your GP or hospital immediately by following the below steps:
- To seek medical help from a doctor or hospital, call ahead of time to book an appointment.Tell the doctor about:
- your symptoms
- any travel history
- any recent contact with someone who has COVID-19
- You will be asked to take precautions when you attend for treatment. Follow the instructions you are given.
- If you have a mask, wear it to protect others. Stay at least 1.5 metres away from other people. Cover your coughs or sneezes with your elbow.
If you are concerned you may have COVID-19, use the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker.
Availability of medicines at TerryWhite Chemmart
Our pharmacist Chris provides an update on the availability of medicines across our network of pharmacies and actions we have put in place to help keep you safe when you visit us in-store.
What do I need to know before I visit my pharmacy?
If you have been in close* contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 or have recently been tested for COVID-19, then you are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined above, then please call ahead before visiting and we can advise next steps.
*Close contact – Being within 1.5m of a person for 15 minutes or being in a confined space with them for 2 hours or more.
What if I am experiencing symptoms but still need my prescriptions?
To effectively manage your prescriptions, we recommend you download and use our FREE TerryWhite Chemmart Health App.
The Health App allows you to order prescription medications using the snap-n-send feature, add health essential items and either pick up in store though Click and Collect or have delivered through our Home Delivery Service.
To unlock additional helpful features on the App such as linking your current scripts on file, script reminders and tap to refill simply contact your local TerryWhite Chemmart pharmacy for your security activation code.
For more information on the Health App Click here
What if I want to talk to my pharmacist but cannot come into the pharmacy?
Our pharmacists are now available to provide a number of remote services via a Telehealth consultation:
These services include:
Pain Medication Reviews
Diabetes Medication Reviews
Contact your local TerryWhite Chemmart Pharmacist today to arrange an appointment.
What do I need to be aware of while in the pharmacy?
First and foremost, your community pharmacist is here to help you. As frontline health care workers, our pharmacy teams need to be extra vigilant during this period to ensure a safe and clean working environment to protect both their health and the health of their customers.
We have implemented the following measures to help limit risk of transfer of COVID-19 while in store:
- When in the pharmacy, please take note of the strict hygiene practices as you normally would outside the pharmacy.
- When picking up prescriptions, note that we’ll be signing prescriptions on your behalf. If you don’t consent to this, please let us know.
- Wherever possible, please use Tap to Pay while in store
- If you are using the TerryWhite Chemmart Health App, you can use the Pay in Advance payment options
- Ask us about Click & Collect and Home Delivery
- Effective Immediately, we are ceasing change of mind refunds on all products to reduce the potential risk of cross contamination
- Please keep a distance of 1.5 m between yourself and other customers
- Beauty testers are no longer available for use
- Ear piercing and other beauty services have been temporarily ceased
We’re here to help and support you over this period and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please continue to visit this webpage for further updates on COVID-19 and how it may impact your visit to one of our pharmacies.
For more information:
Read about all the latest recommendations from the Department of Health here:
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Health Information Line – 1800 020 080
Call this line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Healthdirect Hotline – 1800 022 222
Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Information for this page was sourced from the World Health Organisation or https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov#symptoms